SPIROL offers Spacers specifically designed for use in conveyor systems and garage door hinge assemblies. Both SPIROL's Conveyor Spacers and Garage Door Spacers are manufactured from galvanized steel to provide the necessary strength and corrosion protection at a fraction of the cost of plated cutoff tubing and machined bushings.
SPIROL stocks the raw material and tooling required to manufacture the standard sizes of Conveyor Spacers and Garage Door Spacers. Intermediate lengths can be produced without additional tooling.
SPIROL offers a line of Spacers specifically designed for gravity conveyors, skate wheel conveyors and conveyor systems to separate the skate wheel rollers from each other and from the walls of the conveyor. Available in (3) standard diameters and a range of lengths, SPIROL's Series CS100 Conveyor Spacers shorten lead times through standardization of dimensions, standard raw material procurement, no outside processing, and the use of production machinery dedicated to standard sizes. This reduces costly setups and eliminates tooling charges. CS100 Conveyor Spacers are manufactured from galvanized steel to meet the corrosion resistance requirements for industrial use. Specifying SPIROL's Conveyor Spacers will enable you to reduce costs and save time as SPIROL's roll formed Spacers are considerably less expensive than other options such as cutoff tubing, and they ship when you need them!
Garage Door Spacers
SPIROL's Garage Door Spacers were designed specifically around the dimensions and performance required for use in garage door hinges. SPIROL's galvanized steel Garage Door Spacers are corrosion-resistant, lightweight and durable, and they cost less than cutoff tubing and plated parts. SPIROL shortens lead times through standardization of dimensions, standard raw material procurement, and the use of production machinery dedicated to standard sizes. This reduces costly setups and eliminates tooling charges. Designing SPIROL's Garage Door Spacers into new garage door hinges enables you to get to market quickly with a high quality, low cost hinge!
Additional Spacer Options
If you are unable to find the tubular Spacer in the diameter, length, material, or finish that you require within our standard offering, or if you are unsure what Spacer is most appropriate for your assembly, Request Engineering Support and our Application Engineers will help you find the most cost-effective solution for your application.
Application Success Stories
Metal Spacers in Conveyor Systems
A conveyor manufacturer approached SPIROL to help resolve an issue with their conveyor assembly. They were driven by cost to use plastic tubing rather than metal Spacers to separate the skate wheel rollers from each other and from the conveyor walls. The lead Engineer was concerned about the image the product would have using the plastic tubing when most other conveyor manufacturers used steel Spacers. He did not want to compromise the quality of the assembly or the perceived image of the product, yet he needed to meet the company’s cost objectives.
- SPIROL’s Application Engineers offered a cost-effective alternative to the plastic tubing by recommending SPIROL Series CS100 Conveyor Spacers.
- In addition to being competitively priced with the plastic tubing, SPIROL’s standard metal Conveyor Spacer line offered the manufacturer a higher strength product.
- By using galvanized steel, the lead time was half that of the made-to-order lengths of the plastic tubing. SPIROL also offered 1,000 piece minimum orders priced at the same rate regardless of the total quantity ordered. This gave the conveyor manufacturer flexibility in their ordering patterns without any cost implication.
- The value of SPIROL’s CS100 Conveyor Spacer line originates from the roll forming process where parts are fabricated from strip steel with no scrap or shavings. Additionally, standard roll-formed Spacers can be made to any length without tool charges.
- By partnering with SPIROL, the conveyor manufacturer was able to improve the quality of the assembly while concurrently controlling costs and inventory.
Metal Tubular Spacers in Garage Door Hinges
An OEM manufacturing a complete garage door hinge assembly was using press technology to perform the stamping and another to create the butted seam Spacer. Press technology reached production rates of approximately 150 Spacers per minute. As demand grew higher, new fixtures and maintenance on the equipment was proposed at over $18,000. An additional press was also being investigated to handle the increased volume. The manufacturer was concerned with the expense of the new machinery and they had limited floor space. They contacted SPIROL to inquire about our standard metal Spacers and whether we could offer a lower cost solution.
- SPIROL offers a line of tubular Spacers specifically designed for use in garage door hinges.
- SPIROL Garage Door Spacers are manufactured via proprietary roll forming technology yielding over 300 Spacers per minute. This was double the garage door hinge manufacturer’s production rate, therefore, the unit price was much lower than their in-house, custom-manufactured Spacers.
- By switching to SPIROL’s Garage Door Spacers, the manufacturer benefited from readily available stock, extra savings through mass material buys, and no need to invest in capital for additional machinery to support the increased demand.
Local Design, Global Supply.
SPIROL has Application Engineers throughout the world to assist you in your designs, supported by state-of-the-art manufacturing centers and worldwide stocking facilities to simplify the logistics of delivering your product.
Have a manufacturing issue you can't solve? Our engineering experts love a challenge. Recommending efficient solutions for your application requirements is what we do best. Give us a call or fill out the form below to connect with us!+1 519 974 3334